Pack with us to be prepared for your Laotian adventure!
Most important: Bring an open mind, a sense of adventure, patience and a big smile!
- I am travelling light! I have only one suitcase to check in and one small for carry-on bag. The check in suitcase weighs less than 20 kg
- Everything I am bring (including snacks, MP3 player/iPod, camera, clothes, journal, ready, material … etc) fits in this two bags
- All valuables are in my carry-on bag (e.g. wallet, ID card, cash, traveler’s cheques, credit card, cell phone and passport)
- My carryon luggage does not contain any sharp or pointed object such as scissors, nail clipper, nail files, tweezers or pen knives
- I’m not bringing any liquids in my carryon baggage
- Check baggage and carry-on baggage have identification tags (with your name, address and telephone number)
- I have locks on each pieces of luggage and the key or combination are in a safe place
WORK SPECIFIC CLOTHING
- Sturdy shoes that I don’t mind getting dirty. Consider bringing old trainer you don’t mind to getting wet/dirty and leaving them behind. They will get a good home
- Long trousers, cotton trousers are fine, but lightweight synthetic trousers dry quicker one day get wet. Again, consider trousers you don’t mind leave behind
- T-shirts (no offensive slogans please) Girl, this is a “conservative rural area”, so spaghetti string/revealing tops (e.g. low cut or exposed shoulder) are not to be worn. You will ask to change. Again, consider shirts you don’t mind leaving behind
- Trainers/sports shoes for walking. There are better than boots as they dry more quickly. Most activities require closed shoes, so please don’t come with sandals
- Sandals (no heels) sports type are ideal
- Flip flops or other slip-on shoes – there may be some dirt floors
- Long trousers you should have at least one pair of trousers with cuffs you can tighten, since we may encounter leeches during our hike to the high land farm
- Fleece/sweater – the evenings and mornings can become quite cool
- Casual shorts (covering the knees); if not you will asked to change
- T-shirts (no offensive slogans please) Girl, this is a “conservative rural area”, so spaghetti string/revealing tops (e.g. low cut or exposed shoulder) are not to be worn. You will ask to change.
- Swimming gear-girl should additionally have a sarong or extra t-shirt to wear
- Sunhat and sunglass
Please pack sufficient quantities of clothing appropriate for the length of trip!
- Personal hygiene products (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant … etc)
- Sunscreen or sun block
- Any medication you normally take, in their original bottles with the prescription clearly indicated ( give duplicates to staff in change )
- Several package of moist hand wipes and/ or antiseptic sprays/lotion
- Tissue packets
- Water bottle (1 liter capacity) in the interests of cutting down the use of plastic, we do not automatically provide you with bottles of water. You will be able to refill from large central filtered water bottle
- Insect repellant (DEET based is a good idea)
OTHER ITEM TO BRING
- A good daypack, big enough to carry personal items – water bottle, waterproof jacket, camera … etc
- ID card keep in your wallet
- Camera/memory cards
- Alarm clock
- Pen and pencils, sketch pad and pencils if you like to draw
- Do not wear or bring any expensive watches or jewelry
- MP3/iPad – you may listen to your personal music on the car, in your home stay room
- Extra batteries/rechargers for electronic devices
- Plastic bag for laundry or damp face towels … etc
- Reading material
- Small gifts/toys for children. Though please ask about giving theses because equitable distribution is important
- Donation (blanket, clothing, sport equipment, school supplies)
- Resources required for activities
- Lao money’s name is Kip. If comparing to American dollar is around 8,000 Kip/ 1$ or a bit over from 2017-18. When you go out to local village to buy anything please change your money to Lao Kip before by BCEL Bank because they don’t except another currency
- Spending money for souvenirs, local traditional handicraft, bottle water or soft drinks and snack
NOTE: it is important that you never leave your luggage unattended! Not only could it get stolen but someone could put illegal items in your bag, making you liable.
You are ready, check out our tour programs!